Friday, September 11, 2009

Dreams

He comes to her door.
She says, "Oh, here are your clothes."
And he takes her hand softly as she turns to get the bag of clothes and says,
"I'm not here for the clothes."
"Then what do you want, ----?"
"You." He looks at her with eyes full of nothing but sincerity, something she takes as vulnerability.
No one should ever show her vulnerability.
"It's you I want. I made a mistake, Amy. She was nothing.. I-I was confused.. I-"
"So you want me back now? Is that what you're saying?"
"Yes. Yes, that's what I'm saying."
"Then you're an idiot.
"If you think you can come into my home after months of humiliating me with that hag,
and get me back, you never, ever, knew me."
"Amy, I-"
"Shut up!
Do you know who I am?!
I am Amy ------! And you are ------- --------!
And I motherfucking hate you! You are terrible.
And I am so much better than you in every way.
Hell, I'm hotter than you, even!
Here are you clothes.
You will never touch me again, kiss me again, hold me again, or tell me you love me again.
I will never be yours again."

No comments:

Post a Comment